Header Ads

A Runners Review: Womens adidas Pure BOOST X


Last month adidas launched one of the most anticipated women’s exclusive running shoe – adidas Pure BOOST X. This is a  running shoe created specifically for the female foot featuring a narrower heel, a wider forefoot and a floating arch allowing the shoe to provide support wherever you need it.
We asked our Senior Graphic Designer and Content Producer, Jacinta at The Athlete’s Foot store support to try this revolutionary women’s running shoe.

How often / how many K’s do you run per week: 10-15
Next running event: Sydney Morning Herald Half (May)
Shoes you’re currently wearing: adidas Ultra BOOST ST / ASICS Kayano 22

1. What is the BEST feature of the adidas Pure BOOST X?
It has to be the floating arch – This is the part of the shoe that hugs your foot, and isn’t actually connected to the midsole. This is the first time I’ve ever worn a shoe with a feature like this. I love it because it feels so supportive and snug around my foot.

2. How does the Pure BOOST X differ from other shoes you’ve worn?
The Pure BOOST X feels so comfortable, it’s almost just like an extension of your body. The glove like fit around the foot is hard to describe, and the Boost midsole feels incredibly plush. It really is something you need to try on and experience for yourself.

800X400_PURE_2

3. What kind of runs do you generally wear thePure BOOST X for?
I’ve been wearing the Pure BOOST X for light and short training runs and gym workouts. It feels great and looks so good. I also like to wear it during post workout catch-ups and activities.

4. How does the Pure BOOST X fit? 
a) Any hotspots:
No major hotspots. I’ve felt a small amount of pressure where the floating arch goes into the forefoot, this subsided after a wear or two. I think this is a product of never having had a shoe contact my foot there before.
b) The upper
The upper is a stretchy mesh like fabric that hugs the foot
c) The sizing
True to size, perhaps even a slightly smaller fit than what I am used to with adidas. I usually find adidas runs a little larger, which is not the case with the Pure BOOST X
d) Other key features of the fit.
As mentioned the floating arch is a main feature of this shoe, it adapts and supports the foot where you need it most. It also features an adaptive stretch web outsole which is incredibly flexible and ensures that the shoe provides adequate grip on both wet and dry surfaces. The BOOST midsole provides great energy return, making my running and jumping movements more efficient.

800X400_PURE
5. The first RUN in Pure BOOST X
a) How did the shoe feel to run in? How did moving from heel to toe off feel?
The shoe felt incredibly light weight, there is no added bulk in this shoe. The BOOST midsole feels incredibly plush and close to the foot. It really is a different experience from running in a traditional running shoe.
b) Have you had any major wins in the shoe since you’ve been using it
It looks great, and is really feminine. I think it has definitely upped my active wear game and I’m really enjoying wearing this shoe.
c) Does it feel different from shoes you’ve worn previously?
This shoe feels completely different to any shoe I’ve worn before – If it wasn’t for the plush midsole that you can so clearly feel it’s as though you wouldn’t know you’re even wearing a shoe.

6) Your final verdict

I love the Pure BOOST X – its lightweight, comfortable and looks great. I’ve incorporated this shoe into my gym sessions and lighter sessions.
I don’t see myself running any marathons in this shoe as I prefer something with more traditional support and a little less plush for knocking out the kms.
I recommend trying this shoe on for yourself –  it’s so different to anything I’ve experienced and well worth trying.
Fourni par Blogger.